MAFAT Radar Challenge - Can you distinguish between humans and animals in radar tracks? Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> How can you get the frequency of the wave from the I/Q format?

The data is given as I/Q modulation format and from the In-phase and quadrature, I can get the *phase* and *amplitude* of the wave. But the doppler effect changes the wave's *frequency* according to speed.

Is there a way to extract the frequency of the waves the I/Q modulation?

Posted by: AmirGlick @ July 23, 2020, 3:17 p.m.

Hi,
No, you can't because the dimensions are abstract - x axis is the 'slow time', y axis is the 'fast time' and I/Q represent the real and imaginary parts of the received signal. Participants can still use various processing techniques based on those abstract dimensions.
The datasets and the documentations that participants already got access to are detailed and meaningful enough so that participants can train very
powerful predictive models.

Tsabar
(MAFAT Challenge Team)

Posted by: Mafat_Challenge @ July 25, 2020, 7:32 p.m.

Hi,
No, you can't because the dimensions are abstract - x axis is the 'slow time', y axis is the 'fast time' and I/Q represent the real and imaginary parts of the received signal. Participants can still use various processing techniques based on those abstract dimensions.
The datasets and the documentations that participants already got access to are detailed and meaningful enough so that participants can train very
powerful predictive models.

Tsabar
(MAFAT Challenge Team)

Posted by: Mafat_Challenge @ July 25, 2020, 7:32 p.m.
Post in this thread