WIDER Face & Pedestrain Challenge - Track 3: Person Search Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> What's the function of the button 'Remove from the leaderboard'?

I find a button 'Remove from the leaderboard'. If I click this button, what will happen? One more time to submit?
p.s. I found some results in the leaderboard, but then they disappeared.

Posted by: yirong.mao @ July 8, 2018, 7:28 a.m.

No. It does not mean to remove the submission but just hide the score so that other competitors can not see the score of your submission. So removing it would not have any affect on your submission quotas. But note that since someone may choose to hide their best score, the scores in the leaderboard now may not be the final results. And at the end of the competition, we will push all the submissions to the leaderboard.

Posted by: wider @ July 9, 2018, 3:59 a.m.

The function that some results may be hidden is weird.
There is a curve in the result section. The horizontal axis is the submission time. One vertical axis is the submission time and the other one is the high score.
Are the hidden results also shown in this curve?

Posted by: yirong.mao @ July 9, 2018, 6:59 a.m.

There is a curve in the result section. The horizontal axis is the submission time. One vertical axis is the submission time and the other one is the high score.

Posted by: yirong.mao @ July 9, 2018, 7 a.m.

Posted by: yirong.mao @ July 9, 2018, 7 a.m.

I'm so sorry that my post was repeated 3 times. But I actually submit the post just 1 time.

Posted by: yirong.mao @ July 9, 2018, 7:02 a.m.

I'm so sorry that my post was repeated 3 times. But I actually submit the post just 1 time.

To hide the results is a design of Codalab, which is out of our control. But I think it is hard to say it is a good or bad design. What you should know is just that the best result on the leaderboard now may not be the best result in the final. So you should try your best to raise the performance even you are the first place now. As for the curve, each result would appear in the curve, no matter you choose to hide or show. However, the curve just show a rough result. For example, you know the there is a submission that get 0.6 in 8th July, but you don't know it is 0.64999 or 0.55000.

Posted by: wider @ July 10, 2018, 2:39 a.m.
Post in this thread