NTIRE 2021 Defocus Deblurring using Dual-pixel Images Challenge Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> About submission

Hi,

I have a question about the submission deadline.

As being said, the deadline until the test phase is until March 15, so if we want to submit a paper, we will need to wait until the test phase to be finished?

Another question is that, which ranks will be reported to the final report and will be invited to contribute a paper in NTIRE?

Thank you again for managing the competition!

Posted by: buffalo @ March 3, 2021, 1:48 a.m.

Hi,

It's up to you when you submit a paper.
If it is a paper describing a method/solution used in the challenge then it is a challenge paper and the submission deadline is April 2, this is after the challenge ends.
Otherwise if it is an unrelated work then it is a regular paper submission and the deadline is March 15.

All the challenge participants are invited to submit papers to NTIRE workshop.
Note that the submitted paper will be reviewed and judged like any other NTIRE or CVPR paper for its merits, contributions, and scientific quality. Some advantage might get those papers describing top ranked methods in the NTIRE challenge.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Posted by: Radu @ March 3, 2021, 10:26 a.m.

Thank you for your reply. I also want to ask which ranks will be invited to write a papers without the consideration like any other normal cvpr papers?
And the rank is defined after the test phase, isn’t it?

Thank you.

Posted by: buffalo @ March 3, 2021, 10:33 a.m.

The preliminary ranking is communicated after the end of the challenge.
Top ranked methods exactly this means.
As a rule of thumb the identified winners in each challenge, the runner-ups, and those that are not too far in some performance criteria from these.
As mentioned before, the performance in the challenge is a plus, but it is not the main criteria of acceptance.

Posted by: Radu @ March 3, 2021, 10:38 a.m.

Thank you. That makes sense.

Posted by: buffalo @ March 3, 2021, 10:44 a.m.
Post in this thread