Diagnostic Questions - The NeurIPS 2020 Education Challenge Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Task 4 - Issues when reading additional files

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to make a submission on task 4, but I keep getting the error when reading a file.

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:

It is a csv file with a suffix "model_task_4" as mentioned in the documentation. I have also tried to change the extension to .pth just to see if it would work, but I still get the same error. Has anyone faced this before? Thanks!

Posted by: ml4edu.sb @ Sept. 21, 2020, 1:29 p.m.

Hi there, sorry about this; if the competition guide says it is a CSV then we have made an error; we'll correct this. Are you trying to do a submission using the files in the starter kit? If so can you change the path to ".pt" instead? Also this file "model_task_4" is something that you submit alone with "submission_model_task_4.py" so you will need to supply this file together with other submission files.

We understand the submission for task 4 might be a bit involved; please don't hesitate to reach out again so we can clarify and help further :)

Thanks!

Posted by: moonlightlane @ Sept. 21, 2020, 7:27 p.m.

Hello, thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't get back to you the past few days.

So to clarify, the only files allowed in the submission are .py files, and a single model file "model_task_4.pt"? And all the .csv files can be found right at the root directory?

Posted by: ml4edu.sb @ Sept. 24, 2020, 5:44 p.m.

So the only required file is a submission python file. depending on how your model is implemented, you might need additional files that your submission python file will read in. For example, in the starter kit we implemented a dummy pytorch model. Loading the pytorch model requires a model file. This is why there is an additional .pt file which is the saved model.

And yes you can assume the metadata files are already in the evaluation server and can be loaded by your script.

Please let me know if we can assist or clarify further!

Posted by: moonlightlane @ Sept. 25, 2020, 1:29 a.m.

Hello everyone! For Task 4, if I want to make use of metadata on evaluation dataset, what are their filenames? For example in the public data folder, I have answer_metadata_task_3_4.csv for training set, what about evaluation set when I upload my model to the server?

Posted by: haoyang @ Sept. 28, 2020, 8:31 a.m.

Hello !

So the current set up is that you are able to use the following (meta) data files:

question_metadata_task_3_4.csv
student_metadata_task_3_4.csv
answer_metadata_task_3_4.csv
subject_metadata.csv
train_task_3_4.csv

The meta data should be for both train and evaluation sets; let us know if you find this is not the case and if we could assist further. Thanks!

Posted by: moonlightlane @ Oct. 2, 2020, 3:55 p.m.
Post in this thread