Predicting Generalization in Deep Learning Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Submission failed?

The output of ingestion and the file outputs of the scoring program of my submission look normal (the files are as large as my other submissions). But the scoring function reports
==================================================
solution_dir: /tmp/codalab/tmp0ydt8x1e/run/input/ref/reference_data
prediction_dir: /tmp/codalab/tmp0ydt8x1e/run/input/res
score_dir: /tmp/codalab/tmp0ydt8x1e/run/output

['task4', 'task5']
Read prediction from: /tmp/codalab/tmp0ydt8x1e/run/input/res/task4.predict
Read prediction from: /tmp/codalab/tmp0ydt8x1e/run/input/res/task5.predict

and error outputs
WARNING: Your kernel does not support swap limit capabilities or the cgroup is not mounted. Memory limited without swap.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/tmp/codalab/tmp0ydt8x1e/run/program/score.py", line 218, in <module>
task_average_score = sum(task_scores)/float(len(task_scores))
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

I'm not sure what should I do to prevent this error..

PS. My teammates found that some of their submissions failed (with no prediction generated) while locally they can run successfully. What should they do in this case?

Thanks.

Posted by: sheepfriend @ July 21, 2020, 2:31 p.m.

Could you give me the timestamp and the name of your submission? Do you have an estimate on how long the program has been running?
Seems like the ingestion program failed to produce anything which shouldn't happen. It might be because some unanticipated errors.
When running locally, how long does it take?

Posted by: ydjiang @ July 22, 2020, 12:09 a.m.

Hi, it is overlap200 3.zip at 07/21/2020 02:28:17. It took more than 12 hours to run in this platform for that submission, and the local program only takes around 1 hour.

Posted by: sheepfriend @ July 22, 2020, 12:12 a.m.

Same error appeared in my submission...

Posted by: knowzou @ July 22, 2020, 5:16 a.m.

Could you also provide the timestamp and name of the submission file? I will re-run it for you. Thanks!

Posted by: ydjiang @ July 22, 2020, 5:17 a.m.

I found that my task exceeds the time limit. My submission file is sample_code_submission.zip, the timestamp is 07/21/2020 18:45:34. Thanks.

Posted by: knowzou @ July 22, 2020, 5:19 a.m.

ok, in that case I won't re-run it then. You can re-submit a version that will finish in the time limit.

Posted by: ydjiang @ July 22, 2020, 7:41 a.m.

Hi sheepfriend, it looks like your submission also runs out of time.

Posted by: ydjiang @ July 22, 2020, 5:08 p.m.

Hi ydjiang, thanks for your help!

Posted by: sheepfriend @ July 22, 2020, 5:10 p.m.

This part of the code is run in a single python call so I don't think the scheduling can be a potential problem.
I am going to guess your local computer are much more powerful than the ones available in our server.

Posted by: ydjiang @ July 22, 2020, 5:51 p.m.

Hi, my submission at 07/23/2020 03:41:15 also failed and it failed within 10 minutes after submitting (without any error output). Could you check the reason of the failure, please? (In this submission I didn't import any additional package, and it ran well and fast in my local environment.)

Posted by: zhanyu @ July 23, 2020, 3:54 a.m.

Zhanyu, could you put a metadata file in your submission? Even if it's just a placeholder. I believe Codalab only registers a submission if it has a metadata file.

Posted by: ydjiang @ July 23, 2020, 4:59 a.m.

Got it. Thank you!

Posted by: zhanyu @ July 23, 2020, 5:03 a.m.
Post in this thread