COVID-19 Retweet Prediction Challenge Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Confusion about the number of submissions

Dear Organizers,

Can you clarify on the following.

1) Do we have 10 submissions per day in testing phase or is it 10 submissions in total for whole testing phase.

2) Will Failed submissions be counted in terms of number of submissions.

Thanks

Posted by: mc-aida @ Aug. 15, 2020, 1:38 p.m.

Hi,

you have 10 per day. Failed submissions count as well.

Best, the organizers

Posted by: trovdimi @ Aug. 17, 2020, 8:10 a.m.

Dear Organizers,

Is that really true? Is there a conflict with the description in this URL?
https://competitions.codalab.org/competitions/25276#learn_the_details-terms_and_conditions
> You may submit a maximum of 20 entries per day during Phase 1 (Validation Leaderboard). For Phase 2 (Testing Leaderboard), you can only submit 10 entries in total.

I'm concerned that changing the test phase to a rule of submitting too many submissions will result in a game that is dependent on luck, such as the selection of random seeds.

Posted by: myaunraitau @ Aug. 17, 2020, 7:38 p.m.

Dear Organizers,

Can you clarify on the conflicting statements on competition page. It is really important that everyone should be on the same page.

Regards

Posted by: mc-aida @ Aug. 18, 2020, 6:22 p.m.

Hi,

since we are already in the test phase, as stated, you have 10 submissions per day!

Best, the organizers

Posted by: trovdimi @ Aug. 18, 2020, 6:51 p.m.

Dear Organizers,

I understand, but I think this is a very important rule change. At this point in time, this rule change can only be recognized by people who are watching this thread.(Notifications will only be sent to participants who have posted to the thread.)

I think organizers need to notify other participants so that they can recognize it, and we need to update the terms and conditions page.

Regards

Posted by: myaunraitau @ Aug. 18, 2020, 7:59 p.m.

Dear Participants,

we apologize for the caused confusion, miscommunication, and delayed response.
On the Terms and Conditions page, we stated that you can make 10 submissions in total. We have implemented however another rule (10 per day) in Codalab. We will update the Terms and Conditions page to reflect the rule implemented in Codalab and inform all participants of the change.

Thanks again for sporting the issue and we apologize for the late response.

Best, the organizers

Posted by: trovdimi @ Aug. 20, 2020, 5:23 a.m.
Post in this thread