NeurIPS 2020 Competition - ChaLearn 3D+Texture Garment Reconstruction - Track 1: 3D to 3D Garment Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> openssl bad decrypt

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the dataset. I have used the encryption keys and openssl command to decrypt the validation and test data on ubuntu(openssl version: 1.0.2g) and windows(openssl version: 1.1.1h), the same bad decrypt error occured. Could you share more details about encryption or any advice to solve the error?

Thank you.

Posted by: wang_bin @ Nov. 12, 2020, 8:14 a.m.

Dear participant,

To uncompress the validation set you must follow the next steps:

1- cd to the place you have downloaded CLOTH3D_val_GT.tar.gz.parta* files.
2- Concatenate validation files by "cat CLOTH3D_val_GT.tar.gz.parta* > val.tar.gz".
3- Create a directory in your current path and name it "val".
4- Decrypt and uncompress the val.tar.gz by
openssl enc -d -aes256 -in val.tar.gz | tar xz -C val

For the test set, we found the archive corrupted. So you need to re-download the test data, sorry for that. Finally, decryption is the same as above. Note that there is no need to use "cat" command on the test set.

I hope it helps :)
Best,
Meysam Madadi

Posted by: mmadadi @ Nov. 12, 2020, 2:24 p.m.

Hi,

Both datasets have been extracted successfully. Thank you for your help.

Best,
Bin

Posted by: wang_bin @ Nov. 13, 2020, 2:35 a.m.

Hi Wang,

I am still getting a bad decrypt error for both Val and test set
Can you please share the process you have used to decrypt, also the system requirement (OS and Openssl version)?.

Thanks,
Lokender

Posted by: lokendert @ Nov. 18, 2020, 4:59 a.m.

Hi Meysam Madadi,

I am getting the following error while following your steps. Please help.

The command I am using is: openssl enc -d -aes256 -in val.tar.gz | tar xz -C val

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child died with signal 13
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
error writing output file

Thanks,
Lokender

Posted by: lokendert @ Nov. 18, 2020, 5:17 a.m.

Hi Lokender,

I have decrpyted the validation and test datasets on Ubuntu (with OpenSSL 1.0.2g). The steps provided by the author work for me.
I am not sure if the problem comes from the inconsistence of OpenSSL between encryption and decryption. The OpenSSL mannual says "In version 1.1.0 we changed from MD5 to SHA-256. If you have old files, use the '-md md5' flag to decrypt them." You can find the above advice from offical faq(https://www.openssl.org/docs/faq.html).

Best,
Bin

Posted by: wang_bin @ Nov. 18, 2020, 6:55 a.m.

Dear Lokender,

Do you still have the decryption problem? If yes, we created data without encryption as well. You can download them as following:

- validation (~20GB): http://158.109.8.102/CLOTH3D/Validation/CLOTH3D_val_GT_noenc.tar.gz
- test (~6GB): http://158.109.8.102/CLOTH3D/Test/CLOTH3D_test_noenc.tar.gz

Best,
Meysam Madadi

Posted by: mmadadi @ Nov. 18, 2020, 3:59 p.m.

Dear Meysam Madadi,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I can successfully unzip and use val and test set.
Can you also share the training files in proper zip format?. When I try to unzip training data I am getting the following error.
Or can you show me the process to uncompress the train files? I am doing the following as mentioned on the competition web.

cat CLOTH3D.tar.gz.part* > file.tar.gz
uncompressding using
tar -xvf files.tar.gz

The following error I am getting while uncompressing. Please help.

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child died with signal 13
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Thanks,
Lokender

Posted by: lokendert @ Nov. 19, 2020, 7:35 a.m.

I do not think the training data format is improper. Some participants could work with the data without problems.

Please make sure you have downloaded all the parts before applying "cat" command. You must have 23 files with names ending [a-w].

I hope this helps.

Best,
Meysam Madadi

Posted by: mmadadi @ Nov. 19, 2020, 8:31 a.m.
Post in this thread