BioCreative'21, Task 3 - Automatic extraction of medication names in tweets Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> How can we get the training datataset?

Hello,
we have registered in biocretive page and Codalab platform one week ago but we are still waiting for the training dataset. Please, can you provide it?
thank you very much in advance
Paloma

Posted by: pmf @ June 3, 2021, 7:38 a.m.

Dear Paloma,

The BioCreative task 3 is a part of a bigger competition: BioCreative VII. The registration is handled separately at https://biocreative.bioinformatics.udel.edu/news/biocreative-vii/biocreative-vii/ following the link "team registration page" in the section TEAM REGISTRATION. Please register to BioCreative, once registered, I will make contact with you and send you the data.

Thanks for your comment, I will add the information on the main page of the competition.

Best regards,
Davy

Posted by: dweissen @ June 3, 2021, 1:07 p.m.

Thank for your answer. We filled the registration form in three weeks ago but we have not received any confirmation email, Would you mind to check it?
Thank you very much in advance
Best regards

Posted by: pmf @ June 8, 2021, 10:44 p.m.

Dear pmf,

I can see your registration. I sent you the data by mails already. The mails have .tsv files attached. Please can you make sure that they are not in your spam folder? If not please let me know by sending me an email, we will continue the discussion in pm.

Thanks,
Davy

Posted by: dweissen @ June 8, 2021, 11:26 p.m.

Thank you very much! we have received it
best regards
Paloma

Posted by: pmf @ June 9, 2021, 9:22 a.m.

Hi Davy,

I was also looking for the training dataset.
I registered to BioCreative'21 a while ago but not sure if I also registered to this task (Task 3).
But we definitely wanted to see if it'd be feasible for us to participate.
Could we get the training data please?

Thank you,
Hoo Chang

Posted by: hshin @ June 21, 2021, 10:39 p.m.

Dear Hoo Chang,

You were not registered to task 3. I added you and just sent the first batch of data by mail. Please, let me know by mail if you received correctly the data. Thanks for joining the competition.

Best regards,
Davy

Posted by: dweissen @ June 22, 2021, 1:26 p.m.

Hi Davy, I received the dataset and also replied to your email confirming that.

Thank you,
Hoo Chang

Posted by: hshin @ June 22, 2021, 1:47 p.m.

Hi Davy
I have created my CodaLab account and registered in the competition also. May I know how a team is created? I just want to be a sub ordinate in a group, headed by a leader. I don't have any programming language skills. So, I want to learn from basics and help in the process under guidance of a team lead. May I know the due process?

Posted by: Saleha_7 @ July 27, 2021, 11:43 p.m.

Dear Saleha_7,

The public intended for this competition is academic or industrial professionals in the natural language processing field. The teams registered are already created. They are usually teams of researchers working in the same university/company or teams of students studying under the supervision of a professor. Unfortunately, during this competition, we do not provide any mechanism for new students to join an existing team.

I wish you all the best in your future study of the field,
Davy

Posted by: dweissen @ Aug. 6, 2021, 1:21 p.m.

Thanks sir for your kind and valuable information. I was searching for training which could leverage my potentials and broden horizons of my knowledge. Being a Biotechnology graduate student, it seems somewhat difficult for me to continue Bio creative workshop. As I am quite poor in programming, I need to work out on these skills for effective participation in the event. Since I have registered singly in the event, I will be forming the team alone. Depending on the instructions provided by event managers, I would level best try to persue the training. Anyways it was lovely being part of the prestigious event. Looking ahead in future to be a part of such organisation with sound domain expertise.

Regards
Sakeha.

Posted by: Saleha_7 @ Aug. 6, 2021, 4:15 p.m.
Post in this thread