Recognizing Families In the Wild Data Challenge (5th Edition) in conjunction with FG 2021 Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Failed, competition phase is being migrated, please try again in a few minutes

Something wrong ?

Posted by: DeepBlueAI @ Jan. 18, 2020, 12:20 p.m.

when submit got whis error .

Posted by: DeepBlueAI @ Jan. 18, 2020, 12:21 p.m.

I have this problem too.

Posted by: ustc-nelslip @ Jan. 18, 2020, 1:36 p.m.

Me too, the same message.

Posted by: The.Game @ Jan. 18, 2020, 3:48 p.m.

It should work now. We apologize for the inconvenience. Happy testing :) ~ RFIW2020 Committee

Posted by: jvision @ Jan. 18, 2020, 11:54 p.m.

We will add 12 hours to the submission deadline to make up for the lost time.

Posted by: jvision @ Jan. 18, 2020, 11:55 p.m.

btw. all 3 tracks were affected by this error. Would be great if all were extended till noon.

Posted by: stefhoer @ Jan. 20, 2020, 2:21 a.m.

Okay we could do that

Posted by: jvision @ Jan. 20, 2020, 3:29 a.m.

I noticed the deadline for Track 3 (maybe Track 1 also?) is being shortened instead of extended (then: Jan 20, midnight; now: Jan 20, noon). Isn't new deadlines supposed to be Jan 21 noon if we at 12 more hours to the old one?

Posted by: danbo3004 @ Jan. 20, 2020, 8:59 a.m.

All competitions were fixed (we did set for today at noon, mistakenly, but it is now set for 1/21 at noon as mentioned prior). Thank you for pointing this out

Posted by: jvision @ Jan. 20, 2020, 1:57 p.m.

In my opinion it was pretty clear that 20.01 midnight UTC was about 14 hours ago and that's also what every timezone converter would say. So now those who interpreted the time correctly and were not hoping for another extension depleted their submission count and cannot use the additional 24 hours. Maybe you could add one more final submission? This would not really hurt everybody else and give those with already 15 submission another option to use the additional 24h.

Posted by: stefhoer @ Jan. 20, 2020, 2:28 p.m.

I set it 12 hours back instead of forward, so for those that got messed up over the weekend by the migrated issue were messed up 2x (that was my mistake).

Where I agree with you and can understand the frustration of last minute extensions after pushing to catch the deadline yourself, I wouldn’t imagine that the extra time will allow for anyone to do much besides make a submission for something that has already been training.

Regardless, the date of the paper deadline will not (and cannot) be changed, as we’re already on a tight schedule.

Point is, 1/28 is when the papers are due. So i would try to focus on that either way (ie an extra point or 2 average wouldnt be worth submitting a half way paper, in my book anyways).

I look forward to see all of your results and papers. Thank you all for your involvement and I apologize for that mixup (totally on me, I mixed up time zones)

Posted by: jvision @ Jan. 20, 2020, 3:45 p.m.

I set it 12 hours back instead of forward, so for those that got messed up over the weekend by the migrated issue were messed up 2x (that was my mistake).

Where I agree with you and can understand the frustration of last minute extensions after pushing to catch the deadline yourself, I wouldn’t imagine that the extra time will allow for anyone to do much besides make a submission for something that has already been training.

Regardless, the date of the paper deadline will not (and cannot) be changed, as we’re already on a tight schedule.

Point is, 1/28 is when the papers are due. So i would try to focus on that either way (ie an extra point or 2 average wouldnt be worth submitting a half way paper, in my book anyways).

I look forward to see all of your results and papers. Thank you all for your involvement and I apologize for that mixup (totally on me, I mixed up time zones)

Post in this thread