DriveML Huawei Autonomous Vehicles Challenge Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> waypoint list issues

Hi,

I am trying to access the list of waypoints for different lanes and I am seeing some behaviour I don't understand. When I try to access waypoints for the lanes corresponding to indices 1 and 2 during a run (i.e. env_obs.waypoint_paths[1] ... etc), it sometimes (not always) throws a list index out of range error, as if the waypoints for these lanes don't exist. I don't see this issue for lane 0. Any clarification would be appreciated!

Posted by: Team111 @ Nov. 29, 2019, 2:43 p.m.

Hi,

Thanks for your question. Some of the maps only have a single lane, and so there will only be a single lane of waypoints. By default this will be lane 0, and so if you try to query any other lane it will throw an error. Similarly, 2 lane maps will have lanes 0 and 1 etc. So make sure whatever approach you take is able to handle this.

Posted by: HuaweiUK @ Nov. 29, 2019, 4:49 p.m.

Hi,

I'd like to second the original issue raised here. The length of the waypoint_paths attribute is unstable. If you run a 3 lane map and at each step assert the length of that list being 3, you will almost certainly get an error within a couple of hundreds of steps. This is surely a bug but I guess there's no time left to fix this - we just have to work around it.

Thanks

Posted by: Team34 @ Dec. 13, 2019, 9:53 p.m.
Post in this thread