DriveML Huawei Autonomous Vehicles Challenge Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Post sumo-gui display error

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the initial steps.
I run ./install_deps.sh followed by source /etc/profile.d/sumo.sh followed by sumo-gui as per the README

However I get the following error after sumo-gui:
FXApp::openDisplay: unable to open display :0.0

Has anyone had this?

Posted by: Team49 @ Nov. 4, 2019, 7:34 p.m.

Can you provide more details on where you are running this (e.x. operating system)? It's unable to open a display, perhaps because X11 server is unavailable (or if you're on a mac, XQuartz).

Posted by: HuaweiUK @ Nov. 4, 2019, 10:23 p.m.

And if you're on Windows, please see this thread: https://competitions.codalab.org/forums/18353/3045/.

Posted by: HuaweiUK @ Nov. 5, 2019, 1:10 a.m.

Thanks, yes I was running Ubuntu through a windows 10 subsystem. I see the thread you have posted provides a valid explanation. You mention that you don't test on Windows, is it Ubuntu 18.04 that you use? I'm sure i can find a spare hard drive and get this set up.

I tried NoMachine to redhat virtual machine but i had errors there too so I just wanted to check what the most tried and tested approach is... i guess Ubuntu 18.04.

Also I don't have a dedicated gpu, i'm just using a desktop i5, will i need a graphics card to run simulations?

Thanks,
Jack

Posted by: Team49 @ Nov. 5, 2019, 11:37 a.m.

Hey Jack, we have folks using Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04. Both are working. The docker containers we run evaluation on are UbuntuĀ 18.04.

Posted by: HuaweiUK @ Nov. 6, 2019, 2:45 p.m.

Thank you.

Posted by: Team49 @ Nov. 6, 2019, 2:55 p.m.

As for the GPU, the simulation will run more slowly w/ only software rendering, and any sort of training you do will be slow. It's hard to give specific numbers, but even just a few hundred dollar consumer GPU will probably improve times by around 5x.

Posted by: HuaweiUK @ Nov. 6, 2019, 3:21 p.m.
Post in this thread