WIDER Face & Person Challenge 2019 - Track 1: Face Detection Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Does official strictly limit the size of each submission file ?

My test set submission zip files average size is 60M, but the files always failed to submit.
“View scoring error log” show as below:
"""
ARNING: Your kernel does not support swap limit capabilities or the cgroup is not mounted. Memory limited without swap.
WARNING:root:Invalid file name: 9--Press_Conference/9_Press_Conference_Press_Conference_9_4.jpg

Execution time limit exceeded!
"""

But when I delete half of the result data, in order to the file size is down to 30M, and it can submit to the website successfully.
Therefore, I infer that the official have limit the size of each submission file, is that right? But the limit is greatly reduced our model’s performance.

I think that's the reason why only very few results were submitted to the “Final Accuracy Test” leaderboard.
So the question it is most important to us, and I hope the official website can solve this problem or increase the limit of file size.

Posted by: JuneZhang @ July 30, 2019, 4:42 a.m.

For your questions.

1. You can safely ignore the warning; it will not affect the evaluation results.

2. The submission file size and time out restrictions are the CodaLab platform requirements but not the evaluation code, which requires your algorithm generating small number of high-quality predictions. These restrictions are fair and applied to all the participates.

3. The tests results can be withheld and you may not view other teams results if they are not released.

Thanks!

Posted by: wider @ July 30, 2019, 10:10 p.m.

Think you for your reply.
And I will modify my result file, in other to satisfied CodaLab and WIDERFae Challenge requirement.

But I think challenge organizer should public requirement about the max size of submit file or the large number of predictions bounding box.
Otherwise we don't know how to modify the file which is filed to submission.

Posted by: JuneZhang @ July 31, 2019, 3:01 a.m.

Another question:
The total max submissions is 5 in "Final Accuracy Test".
Is one failed submission counted as one ?

Posted by: JuneZhang @ July 31, 2019, 3:03 a.m.
Post in this thread