COCO Panoptic Segmentation Challenge Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> fail to upload

I upload xxx.zip which contains a JSON file and a PNG img dir, but :

WARNING: Your kernel does not support swap limit capabilities or the cgroup is not mounted. Memory limited without swap.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/tmp/codalab/tmp47n4IG/run/program/cocoPanopticEvalCoda.py", line 49, in
raise Exception('Error: Expected 1 JSON file, found {}'.format(resJsons))
Exception: Error: Expected 1 JSON file, found []

I have tried more than 10 times (do something stupid... zip again and again, change zip name, changed browser or signed in with a new accout) but always fail.

Posted by: yisu.zhou @ July 30, 2020, 8:31 a.m.

Dear yisu.zhou,

I downloaded your submission, unzipped it, and compressed the JSON file and the image directory into a zip archive myself. After that, I was able to submit it. Please, make use you zip the file directly and not the folder that contains them.

I found a few problems with your submissions beyond this error:
- JSON contain list or prediction. Please, put the predictions in a dictionary using key "annotations". So, the JSON file should have {"annotations": [...]} format.
- file_name have ".jpg" format instead of ".png" that you have in the image directory
- the PNG files are grey scale instead of RGB where segment_id = R + G * 256 + B * 256 * 256

I recommend you to make sure you prediction works with https://github.com/cocodataset/panopticapi evaluation script before submitting it to the server.
The scripts are identical and it take much less time to check in locally.

Please, let me know if you have any other question.

Best,
Alexander Kirillov

Posted by: akirillov @ July 31, 2020, 1:45 a.m.
Post in this thread