DeepGlobe Land Cover Classification Challenge Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Q: one presenter for two papers

Our company is considering to delegate one presenter for 2 papers. Two questions in this regard:

a) is that allowed?

b) if yes, should we pay two registration fees, or single registration for 2 papers would be enough?

Thank you

Posted by: rakhlin @ May 23, 2018, 7:31 a.m.

To further clarify: we have two teams from our company with papers accepted to the DeepGlobe Land Cover Classification challenge. Unfortunately, due to logistical issues and very short notice we will be hard-pressed to have a large delegation at CVPR. Will it be acceptable if one person registers for the conference and presents both papers? If required by the rules, we can also pay two registration fees for two papers, the issue is mostly with actual presence at the conference.

Posted by: rakhlin @ May 23, 2018, 8:10 a.m.

One author must be at the workshop to present each paper. The registration fee is independent of the number of papers, it is per person.
One author presenting two papers would be perfectly fine, as long as she/he is an author of both papers. I checked the papers and I don't see a common author, so you may want to add the presenter as an author to the other paper. I personally do not find it ethical to add someone to just present a paper if there is no contribution, but I have seen it done in such cases. Also, please make sure that the presenter is capable of and knowledgable about both papers. Hope this helps.

Posted by: ilkedemir @ May 23, 2018, 4:54 p.m.
Post in this thread