DeepGlobe Road Extraction Challenge Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> [Reminder] Papers are due May 1st

Dear participants,

This is a friendly reminder that all challengers are required to submit a short paper (up to 3 pages plus 1 page for references) detailing their methodology, which will be considered for publication in workshop proceedings. The submission website can be found at https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/DeepGlobe2018. Please use the CVPR paper template for your submissions. Note that any solution that did not submit the corresponding paper, or that did not scientifically explain their approach will not be eligible for prizes, and will not be considered for oral and poster presentations at CVPR.

Thanks and good luck!

Posted by: ilkedemir @ April 21, 2018, 7:45 p.m.

Hi @ilkedemir, could you clarify one moment. Should we submit anonymous pdf files egpaper_cvpr18_for_review or pdf with all authors that looks like egpaper_cvpr18_final? Looking forward to get your reply.

Posted by: shvetsiya @ April 21, 2018, 10:02 p.m.

Please use the review version, not the final version. Reviewers will not see the author names, however there is a field in the submission form where you indicate your challenge participant name. This information will only be visible to chairs and it will be used to match the paper with the competition submission. We will also clarify this in the website. Thanks for asking.

Posted by: ilkedemir @ April 22, 2018, 4:23 a.m.

Should we submit the paper just once even if we are participating in multiple tracks?

Posted by: karimmamer @ April 22, 2018, 11:52 a.m.

Good question! Please submit separate papers per track, the results are decoupled.

Posted by: ilkedemir @ April 22, 2018, 7:28 p.m.

We have to post the paper until May 1st, but can we upload results until the 15th, right?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Posted by: piter @ April 24, 2018, 3:33 p.m.

Correct.

Posted by: ilkedemir @ April 24, 2018, 5:21 p.m.

I am still confused about the submission.

1. We need to submit a short paper by May 1, correct?

2. Will there be a new set of test data released after May 1?

3. Whether or not a new set of test data is released, we can still upload test result (based on current test dataset or new test dataset) until May 15, correct?

4. Will only top 3 be accepted for the workshop?

Thanks.

Posted by: bgong @ April 26, 2018, 10:34 p.m.

Hello bgong, answers below.

Q. We need to submit a short paper by May 1, correct?
A. Yes. This allows us to determine the validity of submissions (e.g., no manual labeling).

Q. Will there be a new set of test data released after May 1?
A. Yes, without ground truth labels. This allows us to properly evaluate approaches on the data that they have not seen before, prohibiting over-optimizing for the test set.

Q. Whether or not a new set of test data is released, we can still upload test result (based on current test dataset or new test dataset) until May 15, correct?
A. The development phase of the competition will end on May 1st, and final phase will start. Which means that you should submit your results based on the new images.

Q. Will only top 3 be accepted for the workshop?
A. The winner will be invited for an oral presentation. The top three will receive prizes. The top five will be invited for poster presentations. Note that "top n" does not correspond to "top n in the leaderboard", but corresponds to "top n with valid approaches scientifically explained in the papers that satisfy the program committee". Also, we are considering that some papers proposing novel approaches can be included in the workshop proceedings, even though they are not in the top five.

To better explain this, below are some example (edge) cases:
- Assume that the top scoring submission in the leaderboard did not submit a paper, then it will not be considered for any of the above.
- Assume that the 9th submission in the leaderboard is a very novel approach which should definitely be published with a very well written paper, then even though it is 9th, it will be included in the workshop proceedings.

I hope this clarifies all confusion. Please do let us know if you have more questions.

Posted by: ilkedemir @ April 26, 2018, 11:16 p.m.

One more questions for the organizers.
In the paper, how do you recommend we state our results on the public validation set without clearly giving away author identity?

Posted by: jigardoshi @ April 30, 2018, 11:05 p.m.

Hello Jigar, you can state your score (and other evaluations, if any) in the paper. However please do not state your rank or author information.

Posted by: ilkedemir @ April 30, 2018, 11:09 p.m.

I am wondering if the due time is 0:00am UTC on 5/1 or 11:59pm UTC on 5/1.

Thanks a lot.

Posted by: bgong @ April 30, 2018, 11:40 p.m.

Updated to May 1st 11pm UTC.

Posted by: ilkedemir @ April 30, 2018, 11:42 p.m.

I'm trying to submit the paper, but it seems that it is already closed, even though it is still 10pm CMT, or am I in the wrong web page ( https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/DeepGlobe2018)

Posted by: piter @ May 2, 2018, 3:41 a.m.

I haven't received the "Accepted Into" email yet even though I have submitted the paper. Hence, not able to submit results on new test data. Can you grant permission again?

Posted by: nikhalster @ May 2, 2018, 4:03 a.m.

CMT system is still open, you can submit the papers.

We were preparing the system to the final phase, so we are re-granting permissions to participants with paper submissions right now.

Posted by: ilkedemir @ May 2, 2018, 4:41 a.m.

I was not able to submit yet. The first time I posted about that problem and a little after your response, the page seemed close to submissions. I was trying again now but yet the problem is still happening.

Posted by: piter @ May 2, 2018, 11:20 a.m.
Post in this thread