> How and when should we submit our results?

Hello,

I am new to shared tasks and I have a couple of questions.

If we use external resources in our training, should we submit them together with our results and code?

Also, I see that there is a training time that started some weeks ago, and a testing time that will start in twenty days. What does that mean?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best

Posted by: yuri @ Jan. 23, 2018, 9:13 a.m.

>> If we use external resources in our training, should we submit them together with our results and code?

You can definitely use any resources you like, but you do not have to submit the external resources. You do have to write up a paper to explain your algorithms and how you use these resources in generating your metaphor predictions, though.

>> Also, I see that there is a training time that started some weeks ago, and a testing time that will start in twenty days. What does that mean?

During the time between training to testing, you should use the data we released to train models and validate them. You can do this by splitting the data into two partitions, the larger partition being used for training and the smaller partition for validation. Once you are satisfied with your validation results, you can finalize your models and generate predictions for the test data (to be released on 2/12), then submit them for evaluation.

Posted by: cleong @ Jan. 23, 2018, 4:11 p.m.
Post in this thread