ChaLearn Looking at People 2015 - Track 1: Age Estimation Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Reversed leaderboard?

I'm participating in the Track 1: Age Estimation of the "ChaLearn Looking at People Challenge and Workshop 2015". I think the worst of my submissions is displayed as the best one, probably because the leaderboard is sorted in descending order of the error. Shouldn't it be the other way around - the smallest error at the top?

Posted by: Raducu @ July 4, 2015, 4:33 p.m.

Dear participant,
Please take into account that in the leaderboard only the last submission result by each participant is displayed, not your best submission score. It is the only leaderboard mechanism available in Codalab at the moment.
You are right that it should be ranked in opposite order since if not it may be misleading. Please take into account that lower the error higher the ranked position (if we can change the order we will do that, it will depend on Codalab features).
Any doubt let's us know
best regards

Posted by: sergio.escalera.guerrero @ July 4, 2015, 8 p.m.

Hi,

You should consider using Kaggle instead. It includes all these features and more

Posted by: Raducu @ July 4, 2015, 10:08 p.m.

Dear participant,
Do not worry, we can deal with Codalab very good.
Just try to improve your method and in Codalab you can also track your performance.
I hope anyway that we can improve Codalab features since it is an opensource platform that allows to improve many functionalities and we are also working on that in addition to running our challenges.
Best regards

Posted by: sergio.escalera.guerrero @ July 4, 2015, 10:13 p.m.

Yes, the leaderboard was confusing, but now I know which way to go :)

Posted by: Raducu @ July 4, 2015, 10:26 p.m.

Solved.

Posted by: xbaro @ July 5, 2015, 4:10 p.m.

Great! Thanks for solving this issue.

Posted by: Raducu @ July 5, 2015, 4:36 p.m.

Now you can see the correct ranking from less to higher errors.
Still please remember that only last submission results are displayed.
best regards

Posted by: sergio.escalera.guerrero @ July 5, 2015, 4:36 p.m.
Post in this thread