Recognizing Families In the Wild (FIW) Data Challenge Workshop - ACM MM 2017 Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Can I participate the challenge as a member of a team?

Hi, can I participate the challenge as a member of a team? If yes, how do several participates merge into a team? It would be not fair if each member registers an account and a team can accumulate all its members' chances to submit the results.

Posted by: dualplus @ June 14, 2017, 3:51 a.m.

I apologize for the delayed response. For some reason, I do not get notified when a new forum is started and I overlooked this earlier (I will check my preferences and hopefully there is an option to turn this on).

Yes absolutely. Under your profile settings you are able to add team members, however, I am not entirely sure how that works in terms of interfacing from different user accounts (e.g., in terms of registration or submitting results thereafter). In any case, I will inquire about the best way to go about this with my contact from Codalab and get you a clearer answer asap.

Thank you

Joe

Posted by: jvision @ June 16, 2017, 7:55 p.m.

Thanks Joe, I am looking forward to your further reply on the way to merge two existing accounts, or an alternative solution. : )

Posted by: dualplus @ June 19, 2017, 8:32 a.m.

I did not get a response yet from my Codalab contact, so I will create an issue on Github and someone will surely get us an answer.

I did a little exploring around, but it still is not entirely clear to me how it works (again, we will get an answer, but for now):

If you go into your account setting you are able to setup a team by specifying a team name and list members of the team. However, not clear how this links to specific competitions.

Also, when you attempt to make a submission it prompts you for the team name, but still need to figure out if this links back to the settings. If so, how does it work (like can all members access submissions, make a submission, etc.).

I will inquire about this as a Github Issue now, and I will get any information I find on this back to you asap.

~ Joe

Posted by: jvision @ June 20, 2017, 3:26 a.m.

"
task participants should go to their "Settings", and under "Competition settings", set "Team name" to the name they are using for SemEval."

source: http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2017/index.php?id=codalab

Posted by: jvision @ June 20, 2017, 3:45 a.m.

"
How do I get my team name displayed in my leaderboard?
..... task participants should go to their "Settings", and under "Competition settings", set "Team name" to the name they are using for [RFIW]."

Source: http://alt.qcri.org/semeval2017/index.php?id=codalab

Posted by: jvision @ June 20, 2017, 3:46 a.m.
Post in this thread