CIKM AnalytiCup 2017: Lazada Product Title Quality Challenge Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Phase 2 submissions processing

Dear Participants,

we have reached to the CodaLab Team and they are helping us increase the # of compute nodes to get your submissions processed promptly. The delays in processing time are due to the fact that there is a deadline for one more parallel competition (ends in 2 days from now) and the server is overloaded with the upcoming submissions. Please, don't worry --- none of your submissions will be wasted. If needed, we will extend the deadline so that all of you have sufficient amount of time to submit the final submission.

Regards,
Nik & CIKM AnalytiCup 2017 Organizing Team

Posted by: spirinus @ July 27, 2017, 2:30 p.m.

Hi thanks for the update.
Is there an ETA for resolution? We could plan accordingly.
Thanks.

Posted by: akshaybhonde @ July 28, 2017, 1:47 a.m.

It is still down and highly disappointment :(

Posted by: Shelly @ July 28, 2017, 4:02 a.m.

I think the organizer should extend the deadline for phrase 2.

Posted by: hieuiph @ July 28, 2017, 8:12 a.m.

Thanks a lot for the clarification :)

Posted by: deepk @ July 28, 2017, 8:41 a.m.

We will extend the deadline by 1 week. Stay tuned for the official mass announcement from Hady Lauw.

Posted by: spirinus @ July 28, 2017, 1:21 p.m.

I have seen changes in leaderboard ranking which means submission gone through for some people. But my submissions are still stuck..Could you please confirm is it working now.?

Posted by: Shelly @ July 29, 2017, 3:34 p.m.

I have seen changes in leaderboard ranking which means submission gone through for some people. But my submissions are still stuck..Could you please confirm is it working now.?

Posted by: Shelly @ July 29, 2017, 3:34 p.m.

What i worried about is that the score just reveals the last submission ,so i have to wait for my present submission to be scored,otherwise i would miss some chances.

Posted by: naiven @ July 29, 2017, 5:17 p.m.

What i worried about is that the score just reveals the last submission ,so i have to wait for my present submission to be scored,otherwise i would miss some chances.

Posted by: naiven @ July 29, 2017, 5:18 p.m.

@Shelly, the submission processing is moving again, thanks to the addition of compute nodes by the CodaLab team. We're continuing to monitor the situation and more compute workers may be added.

By the way, your last submission as of this writing has been processed to completion as well.

Posted by: hadylauw @ July 30, 2017, 12:30 a.m.

@naiven, the leaderboard will reflect your last submission that has been processed to completion (status is "Finished"). If the status is "Submitted", it won't appear yet on the leaderboard.

Posted by: hadylauw @ July 30, 2017, 12:32 a.m.

Hi,
Do I need to make sure that my last (10th) submission is the best combination of clarity and concise scores or the best ones will be automatically selected for ranking?

Posted by: akshaybhonde @ July 30, 2017, 4 a.m.

@akshaybhonde, we consider the submission that appears on the leaderboard. That would be the most recent submission that is evaluated. If you submit 10 times, the leaderboard would reflect the 10th submission.

Posted by: hadylauw @ July 30, 2017, 6:10 a.m.

@hadylauw sure thanks!

Posted by: akshaybhonde @ July 30, 2017, 6:15 a.m.

Hi Team,
The problem with delays in submission does not seem to be resolved. We are still facing delays in submission.
Kindly help resolve the issue.

Posted by: samarthagarwal23 @ July 30, 2017, 5:09 p.m.

@samarthagarwal23, the system is running, but it would take more time to process submissions. We're continuing to monitor the situation closely together with the CodaLab team.

What happens so far is not an error per se, but there is a slowdown in service due to heavy use of the servers. There happens to be other competition(s) on the CodaLab platform consuming a lot of computational resources.

To address it, the CodaLab team has added compute nodes over the weekend, which helped in processing a number of submissions. They are looking into adding even more compute nodes to improve the situation further.

We appreciate your patience in letting the system work through the submissions in the queue.

Thank you.

Posted by: hadylauw @ July 30, 2017, 11:45 p.m.

@samarthagarwal23, the system is running, but it would take more time to process submissions. We're continuing to monitor the situation closely together with the CodaLab team.

What happens so far is not an error per se, but there is a slowdown in service due to heavy use of the servers. There happens to be other competition(s) on the CodaLab platform consuming a lot of computational resources.

To address it, the CodaLab team has added compute nodes over the weekend, which helped in processing a number of submissions. They are looking into adding even more compute nodes to improve the situation further.

We appreciate your patience in letting the system work through the submissions in the queue.

Thank you.

Posted by: hadylauw @ July 30, 2017, 11:45 p.m.

The server's down again for the past 24 hrs. This is really disappointing!!!

Posted by: Vishalilab @ July 31, 2017, 4:32 a.m.

I wondering whether we can make full use of submission chances due to process issue

Posted by: naiven @ July 31, 2017, 4:59 a.m.

Our team's submission seems to be stuck. We checked the files in the zip looks fine. Is the server still down?

Is it possible to revert us back to only one submission? Because we submitted the same file twice.

Posted by: LoL @ July 31, 2017, 9:54 a.m.

Our 2nd submission should be the correct one. Can someone kindly help to push the submission so that we can view the results?

Posted by: LoL @ Aug. 1, 2017, 3:24 a.m.

@LoL, the leaderboard is now showing your most recent submission.

Posted by: hadylauw @ Aug. 1, 2017, 3:34 a.m.
Post in this thread