Animal Behavior Challenge (ABC2018) for understanding animal behavior Forum

Go back to competition Back to thread list Post in this thread

> Are the winners declared?

Who all are winners in this competition?

Posted by: pankajvshrma @ Aug. 7, 2018, 8:48 a.m.

Sorry for the confusion.
We organizers have not prepared any withdrawals in advance, so discussed for a couple of days.
Then we decided that the score of the withdrew place was so outstanding, and should be honored, while it will be removed from the leaderboard,
and also that the travel grand now goes to the second winner, and the prizes have changed to be split to the second and third winners.

In conclusion, the second and third places remain, but no winner for the first place.

Thank you very much for your participation and understanding.

Posted by: tttamaki @ Aug. 7, 2018, 9:57 p.m.

Hi, thanks a lot for replying. I do understand and honor the decision taken by you. I'll just like to point out that I've seen in most of the competitions , once a participant agrees to withdraw, the resultant list is updated accordingly and the rules outlined earlier should be followed as it is and not be updated in favour of any participants. I think as per my thinking prize must go to next three and not distributed to only second and third position. It's not about prize it's about keeping code of honour of online competitions organized everywhere. If at all you guys have mentioned earlier in rules about this special situation I would have never participated .

Posted by: pankajvshrma @ Aug. 8, 2018, 7:36 a.m.

Thank you for the valuable information. We will discuss and inform you again. Please wait for a while.

Posted by: tttamaki @ Aug. 8, 2018, 9:33 a.m.

Thanks for consideration. I will wait for your reply.

Posted by: pankajvshrma @ Aug. 8, 2018, 10:55 a.m.

Hi,
If at all you are sticking with your decision to give prizes to second and third position, I would request you to atleast update leaderboard by removing first position, as first position has withdraw his submission.

Posted by: pankajvshrma @ Aug. 9, 2018, 6:24 a.m.

Hi,
As third and fourth have same score , is it possible to highlight both ?

Posted by: pankajvshrma @ Aug. 9, 2018, 2:02 p.m.

I've tried to fix it as I noticed, but the leaderboard of codalab has no options and looks breaking ties randomly, sorting, and showing three with bold. This is one of bugs of codalab.
We will soon manually create a different result page to avoid the problem.

Posted by: tttamaki @ Aug. 9, 2018, 11:57 p.m.

I didn't got any mail from organizers. Have you decided to give prize only to the first two postions?

Posted by: pankajvshrma @ Aug. 10, 2018, 4:18 a.m.

Sorry for the late response. I have sent the decision by mail.

Posted by: tttamaki @ Aug. 16, 2018, 12:11 a.m.
Post in this thread